Our Work: Convening
The SPCC welcomes any individual or organization interested in improving the well-being of children and families in Saint Paul to participate in our Community of Care. This group meets several times each year to share information on programs, best practices, funding opportunities and other topics of interest to the group. If you would like to receive notifications of future meetings and other information from the Community of Care, please send an e-mail to SPCC@advance-consulting.com. Please also email us with ideas for Community of Care meeting topics, training opportunities or community resources to share.
Information on our most recent Community of Care meetings may be found below.
December 2020: Applications Being Accepted to Train ACE Interface Presenters
The Saint Paul Children’s Collaborative, in partnership with FamilyWise Services, has the opportunity to nominate several people from our community to be trained to present the Understanding ACEs: Building Self-Healing Communities curriculum to others in the community. We are accepting applications now through this Friday, December 18th and will notify those selected by December 30th. The training available through three virtual sessions (January 12, 14, 19 and 21 from 8:30 – 12:30; March 17-18 from 8:30 – 4:30; OR May 11, 13, 18 and 20 from 8:30 – 12:30). Attendees who complete the training and related requirements will have the chance to be become certified ACE Interface trainers. There is no charge to participate in this training, but only 30 participants will be selected statewide.
If you’re interested, please complete the application below and return to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday December 18th, 2020.
August 2020, Community of Care Materials: Know Your Rights Training by the Legal Rights Center.
- Infographics regarding individual rights: General Rights Infographic Know Your Rights and What to Do If Stopped by the Police
A few other legal resources that might be of interest:
- Legal Rights Center (non-profit, community based, public defense firm for Hennepin County) 612-337-0030
- Neighborhood Justice Center (non-profit, community based public defense firm for Dakota, Ramsey, or Washington Counties) 612-222-4703
- National Lawyers Guild of MN (protest-related legal assistance) 612-444-2654
- Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota 651-641-1011
- Minnesota Disability Law Center and Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid 612-332-1441
February 4, 2019 Community of Care Materials: Culturally Responsive Evaluation
- The slides from the February 4 meeting may be found here.
May 17, 2018 Community of Care Materials: Waiver Services
- The slides from the May 17th meeting may be found here.
March 13, 2018 Community of Care Materials: Disparities in Child Protection Services